Some consumers of cannabis in Denver prefer to grow their marijuana plants for medical and recreational use. They like knowing exactly where their plants come from and what techniques were used to produce them. Others enjoy the process of growing things, as all sorts of gardening enthusiasts do. As the popularity and legal availability of cannabis have grown, marijuana seeds are more in demand than ever. Growing marijuana plants from seeds is the best way to start when you’re new to the process.
Why Cannabis Seeds?
Genetics is everything when it comes to growing plants of consistently high quality. If you are a customer willing to learn and put in the hard work required, you can grow plants that are uniquely suited to you. Here are some of the advantages if you’re interested in purchasing your marijuana seeds from a seed bank.
- Plants that you grow yourself from seeds are usually more robust and healthier than cloned plants. Raising a plant from the seed gives it a sturdier root system and a firm anchor into the ground. Plants grown from seeds are better able to resist diseases, insects, and adverse weather.
- Plants from the marijuana seeds tend to yield more product since their strong genetics make them healthier and more likely to survive.
- Growing plants from seeds are more cost-effective for the customer than other methods. Packets of seeds from a seed bank are easy to purchase online because shipping and delivery are inexpensive. Every pouch has many seeds, so you increase the odds of getting good healthy plants.
Are Cannabis Seeds Legal in Colorado?
Cannabis seeds in Denver are legal in Colorado as part of the 2021 legislation that created the licensed marijuana trade. However, rules still apply to the process of growing and using weed. You can’t smoke it while driving or out in public. Also, suppose you’re thinking of making a business out of your marijuana growing. In that case, you’ll need to follow the procedures set out by the law for licensing, operations, and Colorado seed management.
What Is a Cannabis Seed Bank?
A cannabis seed bank is a compilation of cannabis seed genetics. All of this information helps growers develop weed with a consistent set of characteristics. Most people who grow their plants get the seeds and the pedigree of those seeds from a seed bank. It’s hard to overestimate the importance of the cannabis seed bank in developing the many strains of marijuana available now in Denver and around the world. Many seed banks store cannabis seed varieties, but do not produce them.
What Are Some Varieties of Cannabis Seeds?
You have so many choices for the kind of seeds you can buy in Denver that it can feel overwhelming. As you’re learning, you can start by understanding indica, sativa, and hybrid strains.
- Indica-dominant strains give consumers a more dramatic change in the body. They’re popular with people who use cannabis for pain relief, as a sleep aid, or for relaxation.
- Sativa-dominant strains are more popular for consumers seeking a burst of energy.
- Hybrid strains vary in their effects based on the components in them.
Once you understand the categories, you can narrow down the seeds you need to grow the strain you want, and the conditions you’ll need to create to grow successfully. For example, some strains grow better indoors where they aren’t so vulnerable to the Denver elements. The experts at a quality seed bank can help you find the seeds that match the goals you have for growing your plants.
What Are Feminized Seeds?
As you’re browsing a Denver seed bank online, you may see the seeds you’re researching described as regular, feminized, or autoflowering. These terms are related to how the seed is bred, not which strain of marijuana they grow.
- Regular seeds grow into male plants. Feminized and autoflowering grow into female plants. This bit of information is critical to understand because male plants don’t flower, which means they don’t give you anything to smoke. Also, when male plants pollinate the female plants, the buds that result are inferior in quality and have too many seeds. You want to eliminate any male plants that sneak into your growing operation, so you want to buy more seed than you think you will need if you’re using regular seeds.
- Feminized seeds produce only female plants. However, it’s still possible for other seeds to get into the batch, so you want to watch your plants as they grow and get rid of any males. Feminized seeds are generally the easiest to grow, and they produce the most significant yield.
- Autoflowering seeds are lower maintenance to grow than others. For example, regular seeds need specific lighting levels to flower, but autoflowering seeds flower without manipulating the light levels. This type of seed is genetically developed to flower.
Where Can I Learn More?
At RiNo Supply Co., we carry only the best cannabis producers’ products, maintaining our seed bank with a broad selection of highest-quality marijuana seeds available in the Denver area. We’re a leader in the industry, and we take great pride in caring for our medical and recreational clients. RiNo Supply Co. strives to give our customers the most competitive prices. You can shop online or contact us for more information on visiting our store.